Our interest is directed to the design of dyes for sensing and high-tech applications and to the spectral properties of dyes in solution and solid state. Many types of colour properties related phenomena (aggregation, tautomerism, halochromism, thermochromism, solvatochromism, complexation, NLO activity) have been studied during the years.
- Solvent effects on the second-order nonlinear optical responses in the keto−enol equilibrium of a 2-hydroxy-1-naphthaldehyde derivative. E.Bogdan, A.Plaquet, L.Antonov, V.Rodriguez, L.Ducasse, B.Champagne & F.Castet; Journal of Physical Chemistry, 114C, 12760 (2010)
- Exploiting the tautomerism for switching/signaling purposes. L.Antonov, V.Deneva, S.Simeonov, V.Kurteva, D.Nedeltcheva & J.Wirz; Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 48, 7875 (2009)
- A systematic femtosecond study on the two-photon absorbing D-pi-A molecules – pi-bridge nitrogen inseprtion and strength of the donor and acceptor groups. L.Antonov, K.Kamada, K.Ohta & F.S.Kamounah; Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 5, 1193 (2003)
- Temperature dependent absorption spectroscopy of some tautomeric azodyes and Schiff bases. H.Joshi, F.S.Kamounah, G.van der Zwan, C.Gooijer & L.Antonov; JCS Perkin Transactions 2, 2303 (2001)
- Aggregation and tautomeric properties of C.I. Acid Red 138. T.Iijima, E.Jojima, L.Antonov, S.Stoyanov & T.Stoyanova; Dyes & Pigments, 37, 81 (1998)
- Ammonium-azonium tautomerism in some N,N-dialkylaminoazodyes: Part 1 – General considerations. T.Stoyanova, S.Stoyanov, L.Antonov & V.Petrova; Dyes & Pigments, 31, 1 (1996)